Dior Homme Intense current formula

Lavender, Iris, Vanilla, Amber, Cedarwood, Vetiver,

Ah ! The hype train has elevated Dio Homme Intense to almost mythical status. I speak of the original release with the silver collar. I happen to be reviewing the current formula ( black collar ), but was exposed to the original sometime in 2008. I never owned the silver collar, yet I own the current release. That's not to say I think the new is better. It simply means that years ago, I didn't think enough of Dior Homme Intense to add it to the wardrobe. My tastes have since changed and the current formula is a worthy addition. It doesn't have the cocoa note many enjoy from the 2007 version, but if I want cocoa, I have others to turn to.

The anchor in the current formula is vanilla. It is dominant, on my skin, from the initial spray until the extended drydown gives its last gasp. During the course of the wearings and at different stages of time lapse, the opening accord naturally gives way to dissipation and reveals a soft, woody-resin in the base, along with the ever-present vanilla.

The combination of Iris-Lavender and Vanilla in the top and heart have a subtle soap aspect. This remains until the drydown stage and overall, Dior Homme Intense is a linear, but pleasant wear. Nothing earth-shattering for sure, but versatile and enjoyable nonetheless. Sillage is good with longevity approximately 8 hours on me and longer as a skin scent. You'll detect this easily the next day. Thumbs up from Aromi for Dior Homme Intense, regardless of formula. As always, a sample wear is recommended before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited