Pecksniff's Classic for Men EDT

Bergamot, Lemon, Cassis, Clary Sage, Armoise, Clove, Lavender, Musk.

Awhile back, I picked up a few bottles at a local retailer and among them was Classic by Pecksniff's. My initial wearing gave me the impression of "safe" and staying within the perceptions of what we have become accustomed to in "classic" masculines. We all have first impressions of everything we encounter and in hindsight, I know I was only partially correct.

Classic is a somewhat contemporary take on what I have smelled countless times in my younger days. It breaks no new ground, isn't edgy or exciting. Still, I find it a viable scent after numerous full wearings simply because it possesses a lighter feel, coupled with the fresh aspect that's commonplace in current releases. It's an easy yet forgettable wear. I suppose not all fragrance needs to make a statement.

Classic, at least on my skin, wears more like a body mist than a conventional EDT. It does however stay around a considerable amount of time, but close to the body with minimal projection. It's linear and comes out of the bottle already unraveled.

The first few minutes afford an enjoyable citric with subtle accents of lavender. You can already detect the slightly sweet floral and herbs incorporated into the accord. The spice is well integrated in this as well and all this plays out atop its musky base. The "transition" for me is the volume and presence lowering, with the aroma staying the same as when it was first applied.

Classic is a simple, masculine fragrance that you will either find enjoyable enough to wear or possibly a bit mature. As for me, I paid a very economical price for it, so I have no beef. Had I paid retail, it would be a different story. Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 3-4 hours on my skin and it wears close. Neutral rating from Aromi with a strong suggestion to sample before purchase.

Comments

  1. Hi AromiErotici,
    Thanks for a great review on Pecksniff's Classic. I love how it works on my skin but also wish it could last longer. Do you suggest other fragrances that have the same simpleness and masculinity as it but longer longevity? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited