True Star by Tommy Hilfiger

Aldehydes, Citrus Peels, Melon, Honeysuckle, Musk.

I ran across a bottle of this 10 year old fragrance recently in a thrift store. It was an almost full 50ml. Eau de Parfum. When I consider picking up a scent in a place like this, extremely cheap or not, I always spritz it first to ensure it hasn't gone rancid or turned. Surprisingly, most I buy from bargain stores are intact, however there are instances when they're not. True Star smelled good to go, so I tossed it in the cart. Places like this are a source for me to acquire numerous scents that were never really mainstream and an opportunity to try them for under $3.00. Some are surprisingly good, some are very forgettable while others are downright unwearable.

True Star is an uncomplicated and slightly ethereal feminine. The opening accord is actually very pleasant and refreshing. The listed notes appear accurate and the top notes are lucid and somewhat juicy. This is simple, direct and a comforting salutation.

True Star is a citric-floral that wears like an aquatic, but isn't one. I've worn this a few times now and have come to the conclusion that it's a nice choice for spring and summer. It always smells clean on my skin and although I never experience a genuine musk or sensual tone, it doesn't take away from the fragrance. It also doesn't possess the depth of a conventional EDP, but it achieves longevity more as a skin scent after 2 hours. I'm always glad when I stumble upon fragrances that I would never be interested in trying at retail prices and they perform well. Sillage is average at best, with longevity approximately 4 hours on my skin with 50% of that being a skin scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Hilfiger's versatile and pleasantly fresh True Star. You may have other ides, so a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited