Pecksniff's Active for Men

Ozone, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Bergamot, Cedar Leaf.

I have worn Active for Men now for 3 straight days trying to get a bead on this fragrance. Slowly, it's growing on me, but I admit to not liking the initial wearing. I'm assuming that this particular Pecksniff's is more suited for "light" and "casual" choices. If I'm mistaken, then I don't know what Pecksniff's was trying to accomplish when they sat down at the table to discuss creating it. At any rate, Active seems to share DNA with Horizon and smells like it has a more than a dash of it in the composition.

Comparison aside, Active for Men wears more like a refreshing body mist than a conventional Eau de Toilette. I'm not insinuating "weak", but rather light. It possesses characteristics of ozonic, citric and herbal. I had the same reactions when I first attempted to understand Horizon. Fragrances like this are an acquired taste for me, but you may already have an affinity for this genre.

The ozonic-citric accord is the soul of Active, with the listed cedar lending the herbal embellishment. I experience no conventional woods here. I suppose that if Active had enlisted the help of the overused and contemporary rendition of Cedar, I would have found it less interesting than I do now. I never expected similarities to Horizon, but yet it's right here in front of my nose and a bit superior due to the bracing Grapefruit note. As I side by side these 2 scents, Horizon leans more herbal while Active relies more on the citrus to make its point. Still, they are very close.

So, on its own merit, what do I think of Pecksniff's Active? Well, it's different from current releases for sure and has zest, fresh and ozone appeal for those who crave that. It's slightly chemical and I've always had difficulty with fragrances that exude that quality. However, I do like it more each time I apply it, so that has to count for something. No, I'll never love it, but I can see myself choosing to wear this in spring and summer. It won't bog the wearer down in heat and stays noticeable for a considerable amount of time as a personal space scent. Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 3 hours on my skin. Neutral rating from Aromi for Pecksniff's Avtive and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited